With the spring semester upon us here at Appalachian State, many students find themselves dreading having to find new people to sit beside in class, having to impress new professors, standing in the endless book rental line, and most importantly moving back to Boone and away from their parents home-cooked meals.
Regardless, spring semester is here and all students have to face it, 50 mile per hour winds and all.
So what are students thinking on the first day of spring semester? I have a few ideas.
1. “Wow I’m so glad I have my phone so I can continuously check which room number my class is in.”
2. I hope I know atleast one person in my class. But I want to either really know them or not know them at all because it’s awkward if you know who someone is but haven’t talked to them much. I mean do you sit beside them or awkwardly wave and sit across the room?
3. This wind is something serious, I look like I’m crying because my eyes are watering so bad.
4. I know my professor won’t say my name right when calling attendance. Just wait for it.
5. Okay they didn’t say my name at all…
6. I hate syllabus days. Only three excused absences? We’ll see how that goes.
7. No ten point grading scale…. Great.
8. Wow I forgot how long 50 minutes is.
9. On to the next class, what number is it again? Why is it so hot in these buildings? My body temperature is completely confused.
10. Why didn’t I go to bed earlier? Will the bus please hurry so I can go take a well deserved nap?
Soon enough we will all be back into the swing of things. Let the long Walmart check out lines commence, as well as the crazy traffic trying to drive recklessly on snowy and icy roads. Although we call it spring semester, winter is finally here! Class cancellations anyone?